Tales of a cynic who melted at the sight of Redemption.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

...

Waiting. 

...


...What? Oh. You're expecting me to say something else. =D 
The wait is the hardest part. But it always turns out to be the best thing for us. We learn to temper our temper. (?) That's a fancy way to say it. We need to learn to sharpen our focus so we don't freak out when what we're waiting for finally gets there. Well, I guess I'll speak for myself, at least.

I always find myself writing songs about times like this. So, here's one of my latest. You should crash the open mic night (every Friday) at Riverwalk Cafe in Nashua; you might get to hear me play it! I hope you do...


"Praying for surf"

Walk these lonely street-light scenes
I love them, but it's killing me
See, I don't a shell to hear
The waves are calling loud and clear

Chorus: 
Maybe it's time I left this town, time that I moved out
Time I moved down by the sea, It's time I moved out by the sea

Look out at the city lights
Above them all the stars burn bright
See, I don't need a gull to tell
I dream of the blue with its crashing swells

(C)2011 Smallstar Music 


Keep your feet on the board!
-Aaron Conti

Psalm 42

No comments:

Post a Comment