Tales of a cynic who melted at the sight of Redemption.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Florida update pt.1


Sooooo much to tell! I haven't been on the blog in months, but it's time to restart. This is the official re-launch of sandinmyvans.blogspot.com. Tell all your friends!



Ok. Let's pick up where I left ya'll off at: The NKF Rick Salick memorial Pro-am (the official name of that first surf competition I entered) was a story of it's own.
I lived on the beach and slept on the staging all week; saw some awesome people and sic surfing by day, saw some funny drunk people on the beach, and was captivated by the beauty of the landscape as part of the security crew by night.
I competed in just one heat; and though I didn't advance, I didn't get skunked either! 5th out of six wasn't bad for someone at my experience level (I'm even way better now!)
I met a pro surfer girl who, though she finished in like 3rd i think it was, just rocked the surf better than anyone -a true soul surfer!

Ok, I'm goin to bed. More of the stories in the next post...

Pray for me; keeping focus is extremely important right now.

Peace, ya'll!!
-Aaron "Ace" Conti

-Thanks to my buddy Kevin O'Grady for the pics-

No comments:

Post a Comment